Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Adieu August

First and foremost, it's my baby sister's birthday. She who is eight years my junior and still at a delightful time in her life of carving out careless new adventures and plotting everything out. So, happy birthday, girlie!

I cannot believe it's the last day of August. That tomorrow we enter September ... the beginning of the greatest season of all. I have yet to make my annual pilgrimage to the State Fair. I'll be doing it in the company of quite a few of my in-laws. We'll see how it goes. D and I both know that for events like this, we tend to fair best when we are on our own then with either family extension. We just have a certain way we like to do things ... our own unique pattern ... and in our efforts to make sure everyone else enjoys themselves ... we tend to get passive aggressive and in the end only we suffer.

I need to get my mid-year review done and turn it in tomorrow. It's hard to analyze what my performance has been for the past six months because a)  I was on leave for the first part and b) then we underwent a massive reorg and I spent the first few weeks of the reorg determining the next mini-reorg that would better situate my team. I am sure that I can write out on paper that I've accomplished a lot the first half of the year ... but I'm always more critical of myself and question how much have I actually accomplished. I need to get better at selling myself.

No comments: