Saturday, April 23, 2011

Aging, Gracefully?

Maybe it's the few extra gray hairs that I've been spotting, or that  the sleep wrinkles in my face seem to be taking a little longer to disappear. Whatever it is, I feel like I'm aging more than ever. So, I decided to up the ante on taking care of my skin. I'm being more diligent with my daily moisturizer in the morning and I've implemented a new night time regime with lots of potions and creams.

We'll see how long I stick to it ... as I tend to go full force at the beginning, but then all the extra work, if I don't see quick results, doesn't seem worth it in the end. (hmmm, maybe that's my problem with the whole exercise thing ...)

Now, the big debate is do I try to cover up the gray hair? Granted, I don't have a lot ... but I do notice them. I haven't colored my hair since I was pregnant with O, and since my hair was short then I think all my hair is healthy and natural right now ... so do I destroy it with color ... or do I accept that I could go gray gracefully? Can I go gray gracefully?  I'm not sure. Clearly I'm having issues with sleep wrinkles in the morning ... and I'm not even anyway near 40 ... how am I going to handle it when I hit the big 4 - 0?

No comments: