Friday, April 08, 2011

Holding Your Breath Before You Hit Send

Today was one of those crazy, crazy days where I was going non-stop at work ... and at the end of the day ... I have to pause and ask myself, "so, what exactly did I get accomplished?"

I am lucky, I am getting to work on a pretty big project for the big company. Super important for the future growth of said company, high profile, and lots of exciting new ways to approach things and flex my brain muscle. But it's also exhausting! I feel like some days I don't give my team all the attention they need from me, or other major initiatives are slipping through the cracks. I have to bring my computer home every night just to catch up on email and feel like I have some semblance of order in the morning the next day.

And then ... there are days like today, where I am constantly moving ...and the end result is merely hitting send in my outlook, but what I'm sending is so important that I literally have to hold my breath. Hit send. Then walk away. It's crazy what I am putting myself through ... but I"m loving it! As long as I can make sure that when I come home, I get to spend ample time with my family (not bringing the laptop out until the boys are in bed) I am feeling okay about it.

It's nice to feel like you make a difference, that your opinion counts and that others are interested in your perspective. Here's to hoping the adventure continues on the upward trajectory!

No comments: