Monday, April 18, 2011

Laughter Heals the Soul

This weekend, I took in a little improv show. (it was at the Huge theater, which I highly recommend, so if you are in the Minneapolis area, go now, run, don't wait!) It felt good to laugh. I think the joy of seeing shows with other people is that laughter is infectious. So, while I may not have normally laughed on my own if I heard some of the jokes, the laughter of others helped put it in context.

Tonight at dinner, O demonstrated his ability to fake laugh. His whole motive was to get the rest of us to laugh. It worked. His fake laughter make K laugh. Then K decided to fake laugh to make O laugh, which resulted in everyone laughing. It went on for an easy ten minutes. Real laughter interspersed with someone giving an over-exagerated fake laugh to encourage more laughter.

If we all could encourage at least some laughter every day, I think we'd all be in a better place.

No comments: