Thursday, April 07, 2011

Another Year Older

Yesterday was my birthday, and today is K's birthday. Yes, being birthday buddies means that the fun and celebration drags on. And of course, because it's us ... we are going to carry the festivities throughout the weekend. My boys did an amazing job pulling together sweet little surprises. We found a new vegetarian Indian restaurant that had some delightful food (yum for lunch tomorrow) and they also went and got me cupcakes. They also got me a new handbag (it's the controversial one at Target that is getting a lot of flak for being a knock-off the PS bag that is fantastic (but definitely out of my budget.) and a cute little dress (bless my husband for thinking he bought me the right size.)

Today being K's birthday, I took the day off, so that I could shower him with oodles of attention. He was surprised that I was still at home this morning and was so excited to be turning five. At preschool, he was showered with even more attention and a special crown. While he was in class, we went and picked up a cake (that he won't know about until tonight). Then we went to Chuck E. Cheese for lunch. It was my first time ever being at this establishment. He had a lot of fun playing the games and then was super happy to go to Toys R Us and pick out his birthday present. In about an hour, we'll be heading to Kindergarten orientation. I cannot believe my little man will be in school this fall. He's becoming such a big man. I couldn't ask for a more lovely son and for him to be the role model for his little brother. Of course, I'm sure he'll pick McD's for dinner tonight, and we'll catch a movie this weekend and if the weather is nice, definitely take a trip to the zoo! Here's to birthdays!!!

Yes, I love this week, because it's just full of celebration for our family. And I think it's so fantastic that we get to have the same kind of week in December when D and O have their birthdays.

1 comment:

KK said...

Happy birthday to both of you! I know the joys (and not so much) of having a birthday buddy or two...I agree that it gives you a good excuse to draw the celebration out. :)