Friday, June 24, 2011

Entering the Madness

Every summer for the last four years that we've lived here ... we've avoided it. The "it" I am referring to is the world's largest soccer tournament. It takes over the city for a number of days and makes what is typically a quick trip to Target a painful endeavor (that would be because Target just happens to be across from some of the main fields.) This also means that soccer teams who have downtime use the Target as a playground. In fact, last year, I decided to drive to the next down and do my grocery shopping there ... all to avoid what we fondly coined "soccer-crazy-madness."

This year ... we will be part of "soccer-crazy-madness." Yes, that is right, K has two soccer games and D is coaching them (I told him it wasn't going to be just one game he would coach this year when he agreed to be assistant coach.) So, we will be embracing the parking craziness only to fight crowds and try to make sure we show up at the right field. Oh, and because D will be busy coaching ... I will need to entertain O (and let's be honest, an 18-month-old is not too interested in the soccer game.

And the weather here has been a bit on the chilly side, so I think I'll need a thermos of coffee to help carry me through the day. I'm super excited that K gets to play a game that is not butting heads with his bedtime, and he's so excited that he is playing soccer. So, I'm going to embrace the madness gladly and cheer on my boys. Here's to fully immersing myself into soccer-mommy-hood.

No comments: