Friday, June 03, 2011

Summer is Officially Here!

It's hot, it's humid ... as soon as I walk outside I start to sweat ... it's disgusting ... because I don't really like the summer ... but after a winter that dragged on and on forever ... I'll take it!

Last weekend, we planted our first garden - yay! I was so excited. I wasn't thrilled about lugging 1200 lbs of soil to put into my garden boxes, but I did enjoying planting my beautiful heirloom tomatoes and squash plants. And I cannot wait until they start growing. My herb garden is looking amazing and I just love tearing off a piece of rosemary and smelling it between my fingers ... it's heavenly. I cannot wait to make my first Caprese salad with tomatoes and basil from my gardens.

What was even more fun was that both boys wanted to help plant and get their hands dirty. It was fun to watch them so interested in helping make vegetables. I think it will definitely play a huge part in continuing my boys love of vegetables. So, once again ... here is to summer!

No comments: