Friday, June 10, 2011

Teeth Cleaning

It happens twice a year ... and I look forward to it never. My dental cleaning. I don't have the best teeth ... I always have dental problems ... just bad enamel and lots of bacteria. No matter how well I do the whole dental hygiene routing, I cringe for what my dental cleaning will result in. My last dental cleaning resulted in me needing two crowns and one filling (due to my apparent clenching of the jaw.)

And of course, this time it was time for x-rays, which always spells trouble for me ... because goodness knows what is lurking below the surface. So, I braced myself as K danced around the office (because he felt like he needed to tag along, and I'm certainly not going to deny the pleasure of spending more time with my precious baby.)

I was waiting for the news of more dental work, more bills and more pain (because let's face it, what I dread the most is the pain and the hours spent with someone working in my mouth.)

The hygienist commented that my teeth looked great and my gums looked really healthy. So, then I held my breath waiting for the dentist. Because he certainly would bring the bad news. Dr. C checked out my teeth, asked me how the crowns were feeling and then said, "well, everything looks great, keep up the good work and see you in six months."

I couldn't believe it, was I really getting out of the dental chair without a follow-up appointment needed? All I ask is that this becomes a trend for all my future dental visits.

No comments: