Thursday, June 09, 2011

Getting Older and Older and Older

When it comes to feeling my age ... this has not been a good week. Not only did a notice what must be a new crop of gray hair emerging from my scalp ... I've noticed the wrinkles around my eyes are not disappearing as quickly as they have in the past. In addition, I have this crazy weird sciatic pain if I sit too long (which, just for reference, my 45 minute bus commute in the morning is considered too long by my body.)

My body is cracking and squeaking in ways it never has. I'm not even near what is considered mid-age. In fact, I'm still on the lower end of the 30s decade ... so what in the world is happening. Did I enter some crazy time warp last month that has progressed my aging into some fast forward insanity?

To aide my "aging gracefully" I realized I now put a total of four (yes, four) concoctions on my face at night ... well, I guess one is technically a cleanser ... so I wash off the day and then put a three potions to work. I make myself feel better because these potions are from "eco" beauty brands ... so I can tell myself I'm not layering on some crazy chemicals that will be found to cause cancer in three years ... but the question is ... is it working? Are my wrinkles fading away ... and what in the world is my problem with growing older? My birthday was months ago, so shouldn't I have had this freak out then?

All I know is ... I think I made the decision about hair color ... gray, grays will need to go away ... now I just have to decide when to get it done and what to get down.

No comments: