Wednesday, August 24, 2011

It's Almost Here

Tomorrow is the first day of the annual Great Minnesota Get-Together! Yes, the state fair is upon us. Of course, like most folks, I wanted to get my tickets in advance (hey, saving seven bucks means one extra treat at the fair.) Well, of course, everyone else had the same idea yesterday ... so I actually had to wait in line - that was crazy.

My parents always go to the fair on the first day (we'll be making our yearly trek next week, and for the first time, it will be just me and my boys ... no other family members ... so we'll have to be our own cruise directors - it will definitely be interesting, because I think we kind of default to what other people want to do and now, one of us will need to take the lead. I have a feeling it will need to be me.

Now ... I love the state fair for all its people watching glory. Yes, the food is fun, and the music is lively, but when it comes down to it, it's all about the people. The state fair is a non-discriminating event ... every type of person imaginable shows up ... and what I love most is seeing how the people respond in a crowd. For some it brings out the best, they're more courteous, friendly and outgoing. For others, it brings out the worst (D kind of fits into this latter category ... which is while I am going to probably have to be the one who plans out the agenda.)

But let's put it all out there ... next to the people watching ... what I truly love about the state fair is what it signals: the end of summer and the beginning of FALL!!! Oh, my mouth waters in anticipation of all the great delights of fall - the crisp air, the sweater wearing, the pumpkin treats and trips to the apple orchard. If I could have only one season all year, it would be fall. I wax poetic each and every year about this time, because this is the season I am truly the happiest. I can already hardly contain my giddiness, because now every day, I'll hear on the radio them broadcasting at the fair and that means my time is almost hear!

Three cheers to autumnal experiences!

1 comment:

acecand said...

I was almost disappointed while reading this because you hadn't used your favorite word...then, just like it was meant to be, it was there in the last sentence.

Here's to Fall!