Sunday, August 14, 2011

One Project Sorta' Done, A Million To Go

In our "dining room" we have a lovely wall that is a blank canvas. When we first moved in, I decided to make it a spot for a photo frame collage. I have to say, I loved it, it looked right out of the good barn o'pottery. Then, when we finally got to painting our kitchen (was that last summer ... I think it was) I took down all the pictures and spackled the wall, so we could paint it. It has taken me until this weekend to start to put back up the collage. Part of it was that I knew we needed to update our photos, so that there was more than just one picture of O. The other part, was with our new(ish) paint color, I wanted to make the wall a tad more artsy, which meant, I needed to go and print all the photos in black and white.

So, this weekend, I got about 50 percent of the wall back up. I know it's wrong to be proud of yourself, but I have to say, it's nice to get those photos back up there ... and it's fun to have both boys represented. And I was able to make the center photos two pictures of the boys that look very similar ... and it's kind of amazing how much they actually do look alike - my little yin and yang. Of course, I have many other projects that must be completed before the snow falls (which who knows when that will be, in this crazy state.)

One is painting K's room. He wants a superhero themed room ... which seems fine at five, but how long will it last? So, I want to go with a slightly more sophisticated superhero room. I found an idea I liked online, but clearly after searching for other ideas ... it tended to be the most replicated idea ... so I'm not sure if I still want to move forward with it, because we do want our boys to feel like they have their own unique space. (And, I also don't want to be repainting it in two years ...) So, that's next week's project. I took Friday off, so that we can get a head start.

In not so great news ... my check engine light came on again! Seriously, I think that is the second time this year. Granted, my car is eleven years-old, but we most definitely do not have the funds right now to get a new car (or even a very used new car) so I am not sure what we will do. Can we survive as a one-car family? (With only very old cars?) I need to become more frugal, so that I can make bigger dents in all our obligations so that we can buy a new car ASAP. I think I'll start a donation fund, if anyone would like to contribute ... just let me know.

No comments: