Friday, August 05, 2011

New Toys

Today is like Christmas for D. He received his new smart phone in the mail. Now, let me rewind ... when it comes to technology ... I'm a simple lady. I have a very basic, non-fussy phone. I don't even text ... (I know how, I just choose not to) yes, I know, hard to believe ... but I am starting to embrace social media does that balance it out?

Due to my job at work, I was provided smart phone... since that day, all I would ever hear from D is how badly he wanted ... no needed ... his own phone. Because, yes, every stay-at-home-dad is not complete without a smart phone. I, for some reason, just couldn't comprehend why he needed one. He could hop on the computer whenever he needed to access the Internet. He already is on the phone with his friends more than I am. Yeah ... for some crazy reason, I just didn't understand.

Well ... after months of trying to convince me, I finally just broke down because I couldn't deal with the pouting every time I would pull out my phone. (And yes, I still have my basic cell phone for my personal life, because I do like to keep them separate to a degree.) So, this week, he ordered his phone.

Last night, he told me he was having buyer's remorse. I asked him what he meant, and he confessed that maybe my suggestion that a table was more what he would want was right. (Because, honestly, I think it all comes down to him wanting to play on the Internet when he is watching TV ...) Alas, tonight when the phone arrived, I could tell the buyer's remorse had disappeared. He's like a kid on Christmas day ... and now I feel like I might have my own little teenager who is going to have a texting problem.

No comments: