Saturday, September 24, 2011

Finding Contentment

Thank goodness fall is here. I seriously think the season twists and turns my mood into a positive thing when I might otherwise not be in a good mood. I also think all the activity in the house is having a profoundly positive impact on what has been quite the sour mood lately. So, once again, I must say ... thank goodness fall is here.

Being busy is making me savor the snuggle moments that I get to have at home with my boys when we're not traipsing all over the place from the grocery store to football to swimming. I also think D has come to terms with the fact that our family is probably going to stay at the quaint even number of four. (By handing over lots of our infant stuff to a close family member today ... I think it was his way of saying "don't think we're going to use a pack n' play again.")

Tomorrow, we'll drop off bags (yes, bags) of clothing at the Goodwill. The one near us just opened (and the parking lot was packed today, not sure if that was because it just opened and they had celebrations or if it will become the hot new place in town.) It does mean, we no longer have to drive 15 minutes away for our annual donation of clothing - which makes me that much happier.

And this Friday, we'll be making our first trek to the apple orchard of the season! Nothing gets my spirits up like doing the corn maze, sipping hot apple cider, going on a hay ride and buying yummy local apples.

I can tell my spirits are lifting, it's red wine season, and my pinot noir last night was fantastic (granted, it was one that had been in my wine cabinet for a few years, but age clearly did it a favor.) Here's to the best time of year -- and, yes, sis, I'll say it for you ... I love all things autumnal!

No comments: