Monday, September 12, 2011

Like Fish to Water

Yesterday saw the start of our annual round of swimming lessons. But this year is a milestone, because it's O's first lesson. Yes, that unfortunately means I get to don a swimming suite and be in the pool with him, but I chalk it up to some quality O and mommy time.

K's lesson starts 15 minutes before O's lesson. So, we get to sit and watch him for a bit. He loves swimming, and I was so glad, because let me tell you ... it didn't necessarily start out on the right foot at first with my older son. He would just scream when I would try to get him to do the back float.

O is a completely different story (no surprise) the kid loves the water and took to the lesson immediately. Granted, he is so strong that when he just wants to kick and swim on his own, I'm in for a bit of a challenge, but I love that he sits there smiling and singing and laughing. Who knows ... maybe I'll have two Olympic swimmers to cheer for in 15 years!

No comments: