Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Healthy Habit-Forming

So, I am more than half-way through my second week of the cleanse. This week I added Rodney Yee's progressive weekly yoga program. I'm feeling good (granted a little sore from the yoga) and think I'm losing a few inches around my waistline. Overall it's good (though, I am kind of craving a bloody mojo monkey donut right now ...)

But, the greatest part of my cleanse is not how good I'm feeling ... it's how it is affecting the way my entire family is eating. The dinner meals this week are substantial enough that we could have them as dinners. D was definitely skeptical for the week, but in his effort to be supportive told me he'd give it a good college try.

Well ... Monday night was roasted harvest vegetables with canellini beans ... and all I have to say is ... IT WAS A HIT. Both boys ate it up like it was candy. D even had to admit he loved it. Tonight at dinner, he admitted that he is learning that he actually likes vegetables that he may have dismissed unfairly. (Tonight our stew had turnips in them, and he said he was pleasantly surprised that he liked turnips.)

So, if nothing else comes out of this cleanse, the best thing that has happened is the turn it has created in my family dinners from a health factor - there is nothing more heartwarming then seeing your children gobble up vegetables and ... yes, believe it ... ask for seconds. Even little munchie O, ate up the lentil stew tonight and asked for more. So, gratifying for D that his meals are delicious and so good for me to feel like we are helping the boys go down the right path for good nutrition.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a Newbie, I am permanently searching online for articles that can aid me. Thank you
Universal Bedlegs