Sunday, January 01, 2012

Obligatory New Years Post

The blogosphere is bursting with New Year blessings, celebrations, reflections of the year past and resolutions for how 2012 will be the greatest ever. I like that at the beginning of each year, we start out on an optimistic note, looking at what we learned from the previous year and how we can apply it to improve our fortunes in the next year. It's always great to start out on a good note with strong aspirations. 2011 wasn't a horrible year,  it wasn't all it could be, but I can't complain. I wouldn't mind the economy recovering a little faster and I wouldn't mind finding my true calling sooner ... or finding that time to write my novel.

However, my goal for 2012 is really to make that final turn from a health perspective, to take control and be the healthiest wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend I can be. In 2011, I gave up soda (not that hard when you decide to do it) and I said goodbye bagels (at first, I will admit, that one was a little harder.) To get me off in the right foot, I am starting 2012 with a detox via the Whole Living Action Plan. It's a 28-day, mind and body challenge. Not only when it have me examine what I put in my body, but what I put in my mind and how I treat myself. D was going to tackle the detox with me, but after looking at it, he decided it would be easier for him to be my cheerleader and support coach and then seeing how I fare ... giving it a try later. (He was also afraid that the first week would drive him crazy because it's focused around only consuming fruits, vegetables and nuts -- fortunately, the next week you add back protein.) We'll see how it goes and if it lives up to its promise of feeling great, healthy and energetic.

I'm surprised I actually had one more blog post in 2011 then I did in 2010 ... because I know toward the end of the year, I was lacking my commitment to the blog ... life got in the way, and I was not allowing myself the time I deserved to decompress and muse with my writings. So, I will definitely try to give myself more writing time this year. So, here's to a great beginning to a great new year - I wish everyone the best on the endeavors you choose to tackle for yourself!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm commenting to let you be aware of of the terrific discovery my wife's child gained checking your web site. She picked up numerous issues, most notably what it's like to have an ideal coaching mindset to make other individuals without hassle understand various complicated issues. You really exceeded our expectations. Thank you for churning out such helpful, safe, revealing and also cool tips on your topic to Emily.
Dormer E080 Powdered Metal Thread Forming Tap, Diamond-Like Coating, Round Shank With Square End, Modified Bottoming Chamfer, M2.5-0.45 Thread Size