Friday, January 06, 2012

It's Been That Kind of Week

This week was nothing like I intended, or could have predicted. I made it past a pounding headache during the cleanse to enjoy lots of good food and learn that I am a grazing fool normally, and it's usually out of boredom, so at least I know I'll have that lesson learned. Hopefully over the next three weeks, I can break that habit and continue on this healthy eating streak.

But my week took a tailspin when D got a case of vertigo. Vertigo is bad for the person who has it, but I think it's worst for those around them. He takes some motion sickness pills when he gets this - he's had it twice before and got the script the first time - but he's pretty much incapable of doing anything when he has vertigo, which meant working from home and watching the kiddos. Needless to say, I probably didn't do the best at either, but I've made it work. Fortunately, it only lasted two days, and I have the weekend to finish up everything else I need to complete.

Now, it's the weekend, we start indoor soccer, and K has a birthday party, so I'll be cramming the work in between other gigs and prepping my food for week two of the cleanse. It's going good, I love the energy, I miss the bread and chocolate ... but here's to happy health.

No comments: