Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Today, Let's Face It, It was a Groggy Kind of Day

Today was day 2 of the cleanse ... and return to work from the holidays. It was a lot to take in one day, I'll be honest. I woke up feeling great, energized, like I could take on the world ... but by mid-morning, the headache started, and the fog moved in. I could not get motivated. My smoothie experience was better this morning (it was still green, but I could drink it, not chew it!), I had the butternut squash soup for lunch, still great! and for dinner I had steamed broccoli on salad with a tahini dressing. Have to admit the dressing was really good.

I had to make tomorrow's lunch tonight, a kale, cabbage carrot slaw. I had a small bite, and it's promising. I am hoping I'll get off this headache by tomorrow, but based on others who are posting their cleansing journey on Facebook and the wholeliving.com site, tomorrow may be a rough day, but then I should be over the hump. For now, it's off to do my gentle detox stretches and then hit the sack!

No comments: