Friday, June 01, 2012

Only Two Days Left of Kindergarten

It is so hard to believe that my baby only has two days left of Kindergarten. This whole, they grow up so fast is the most painful cliche because it's so damn true. I remember when K was a baby, I blinked, and now he's such a young man that my heart aches when I hear him sound so grown up.

Every day my boys bring me such joy. And they mesmerize me with how their minds work. But seriously, we're already moving past Kindergarten?? On the other end of the spectrum, O is still very much a toddler, so his terrible two tantrums make me even more grateful that K is older and past that stage. And I have really lucked out that even at the old age of six, K is a snuggler.

Now, I'm afraid our summers are going to go speeding past us because we will have the school year to mark passages in time. Part of it might be that I also can't believe I'm in my mid-thirties, as I hear other "young-ins" talk about their ten year college reunions and then do the math and realize, yep, I've been out of college even longer than that ... and maybe it's because I think I found two new grey hairs today. (And I can't remember, did I share about my long grey eye brow hair?? That was frightening.)

Here's to time slowing down just a bit ... please ... just a bit.


No comments: