Friday, June 29, 2012

Proud Mom Moment

He scored a goal! He scored a goal! Last night, K scored a goal during his soccer game. D and I of course were proud parents (unfortunately, D missed the goal because he was busy corraling some of the other players.) But I was proud of my little man getting a goal.

True - I did tell him before the game that if he made goal, we'd go and get ice cream after the game. And he tried to negotiate that "just doing his best" was worth ice cream. Of coures, I didn't argue with that, and instead encouraged him to do his best ... and try for a goal!

He was also overall an awesome player last night, with the right amount of aggression, good sportsmanship. I've been so impressed with his growth and improvement on the field. As a parent, you always want the best for your children ... and you want to help them grow and improve. While I know sports aren't the most important thing in the world, it is such a great avenue for confidence to be built and maintained. And K is academically confident, so I am thrilled that he's starting to gain physical confidence, too.

It will be fun to watch the Olympics with him this year, as he is starting to get interested in a variety of sports (let's just keep him away from hockey ...)

No comments: