Thursday, June 14, 2012

Travail, Take Two

Last Friday I returned to Travail and enjoyed another ten course tasting menu. It was a friend's birthday, so a group of ladies got together to celebrate the momentous occasion. I've always known that the food and atmosphere play a huge part in how you enjoy your meal, so it was no surprise that the evening was great fun.

The food was, as expected, delightful. But I need to give much praise to their ability to manage to my gluten-free lifestyle. The way the tasting menu works, you split your plate with a dining buddy. My dining buddy is a good friend who said she was willing to enjoy the "gluten-on-the-side" plate. While most courses were practically identical, with an apple chip replacing the bread crouton here and there, the only course that was extremely different was the pasta dish. They provided us a plate of risotto.

I am going to think that they made the risotto special for just us. Even if that's not the truth, I am just going to go on believing it is. So, Travail, take two was marvelous and I think you very much. And I thank KK for having such a brilliant birthday celebration!

No comments: