Sunday, November 04, 2012

Is it Beginning to Look Like Christmas?

Halloween has past, the scary ghouls and leftover treats are on clearance at the store (we scored a pair of awesome black feather wings for next year ... can't wait to convince one of the boys to wear them.) Yesterday, when the boys and I were out and about, there were just a few flurries dancing in the wind. All the magazines have tips and tricks for perfecting a Thanksgiving feast.

Music and Movies
I haven't braved it enough to turn it to the stations that play Christmas music 24-7 ... not quite there yet ... but I did look at ABC Family's countdown to Christmas schedule. And then there is their countdown to the countdown. It's a lot of Christmas, but there is something oddly pleasing about cheesy Christmas movies and cuddling with your loved ones.

Trimming the Tree
I commit to not bringing out the Christmas decor until after Thanksgiving (especially, since this year we will be hosting Thanksgiving here (eek!) but it doesn't stop my eyes from taking in all the snowflake and sparkling accouterments that I could sprinkle throughout my house. I've really been considering the large outdoor ornaments ... but haven't committed. Thing is the trees that they'd look the best in are the farthest from my house physically. And the tree closest to the house ... well it's the smallest tree, so I am afraid that it might be dwarfed by large ornaments.

Santa's Helper
And there's the gift-giving. I love to be on the search for the perfect gift, but that is hard to balance when you have two rambunctious boys who definitely don't want to go shopping ... and I feel guilty taking a day to myself when my husband hasn't gotten any alone time from them all week ... maybe this will be the year of all online gifting? Not a bad idea. But then will I miss out on the Christmas spirit? Or maybe it will be like gift-giving twice - once when it arrives on my doorstep and then a second time when I give it as a gift. Okay ... that might be pushing it a bit.

Let the festive season begin!

No comments: