Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Eve

It's the night before Thanksgiving. The cranberry pomegranate sauce is made. One pie is reserved, I'll make the gluten-free torte in the morning. The rest of the food is planned for ... and dinner isn't until 4 or 5, so I should have time to start my day off with a run before going into full prep mode. It should be a fantastic kick-off to the holiday season.

And now, I'm just relaxing sipping my first Beaujolais Nouveau of the Thanksgiving feast, doing a little pre-Black Friday browsing and planning, catching up on the DVR and finish Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness (it's a kick-arse book.) Yes, it's definitely moments like this that I realize how grateful I am for the many blessings in my life. I am so fortunate to have an amazing husband and two fabulous sons. They bring me so much joy and happiness. I am also lucky to have a job that keeps me challenged and usually gets me laughing at least once a day. I have great friends and a good family. I feel so blessed.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments: