Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Journey for Shoes

Boys are rough on their shoes. Especially boys who like to run around and play rough. And they also grow constantly, which means we are almost constantly in the market for new shoes for K and O. Now, buying shoes for our sons tends to create a moment of severe tension between D and I. We both have strong opinions of what style we want our sons to where ... and of course, now K is old enough to have an opinion, too. Ultimately, we are now learning that K gets the final say ... so it's helping with the debates between the two parents. Unfortunately for me, K's style is tending to lean toward D's tastes. So after a good 45 minutes, we were finally able to walk out of the store (because, not only did K have to try on multiple pairs of shoes ... and run in each pair ...) we were able to walk out with these snazzy kicks:
Then we went off to see if I could find a pair of winter boots. First to REI and then to DSW. Both stores were crazy busy (hmm ... economy picking up? At least in the Grove it is.) Alas, there was nothing that quite suited my needs ... and with an impending 30 degree drop in the temperature this week, I needed to get some boots. So I took to the might internet and hope to have this fancies at my doorstep by the end of the week (because, I don't like to pay for shipping unless it is an absolute necessity.)
Looking forward to waiting at the bus stop with those fancies keeping my feet warm. 

No comments: