Thursday, December 20, 2012

How Time Flies

It is so hard to believe that O turned three today. Of course, we should have guessed based on his arrival, that he was going to be a stubborn little man who demands his way most of the time. He's lived up to that take-charge attitude since day one. Including his denial of turning three today. It wasn't until big bro K told him that turning three was a good thing that he actually accepted what he could not change. (Thank goodness for big brothers.)

O got to spend his special day hanging out with mommy and daddy all day (yes, we multi-tasked an adventure to Creative Kids for him to play with a bunch of toys with our need to cross those last few items off our lists. But we're officially done with shopping ... with four days to spare ... which means wine and relaxing for me.)

Now, the boys are nestled on the sofa with me under our favorite faux fur throw, with the wood stove on, playing a wii game like the best of pals. I love how my boys get along so well (they do fight ... I don't live in a cloud of haze ...) I hope as they grow older they will continue to be great friends who give each other random hugs and kisses.

I also look across the room at D, who's sitting on the other sofa, engrossed in a game of Words with Friends (most likely playing against his mom) and I have to feel very fortunate to have a strong, silly patriarch for this little family.

And with our stockings hung on the chimney with care, the stocking stuffers hidden away, and Christmas confections all ready to give ... I couldn't feel more fortunate.

No comments: