Saturday, June 15, 2013

Another Race Run!

This morning D and I completed are fifth race of the year.
And I was able to run the whole darn thing. Granted mid-way through mile 2 I thought I was going to throw-up. But thanks to a Runners World tip, I have a handy way of getting rid of a side stitch mid-run if one comes on. Amazing how well it works.

The race was around Lake Calhoun. Well some of the races have definitely been better than others, I love that we will only repeat one course all year (and I have 12 races planned). And we're definitely learning a lot. Like today, because we didn't know where to park ... we foolishly parked on the opposite side of the lake from the start/finish. This meant we got a good 3/4 mile warm up and cool down walk. While it was probably a good thing ... that 3/4 mile felt a lot longer on the walk back to the car.

D confessed about half-way through the runs he wishes he had trained ... but he still kicks my butt from a time perspective. Since my first goal was being able to run through a whole run, my next goal will be to catch up to D. Who knows, by the end of the year ... it just might be feasible.

No comments: