Friday, June 28, 2013

My Little Athletes

So, I think we may be officially crazy. We've signed up O for a three-year-old soccer program. It's only once a week for six weeks ... but I still think we might be crazy. I am sure he'll have a blast and it's the first thing that he gets to do where K will have to sit on the sidelines and watch him. I can't wait to see if we have a future Beckham on our hands. (While K has the heart and enjoys the sport, I think he's inherited my athletic ability ... O appears to be more naturally athletically inclined at soccer. But K has scored a goal this year.)

On the K front, tennis may be turning out to be his sport. While I didn't get to watch him at any of his two-week camp lessons, D says he was impressed with how well he did. Especially since until now he's never even picked up a racket. So, we signed him up for the next session.

Which just led me to look at the calendar and realize how bloody quick summer is going. July is next week ... the state fair is only two months away!!! I have a mud obstacle course run in a month! O will be taking his Kindergarten screening in a few months. Where is the pause button?

Alas, it does make me realize that I like just chilling and hanging out with my boys. We got to do that today after my dentist appointment. D's appointment was right after mine, so me and the fellas walked to the frozen yogurt shop nearby. We each had a little treat (when D found out that the total for all three of us was just $5 he didn't believe me!) and then we just sat at the pavilion outside the shop and enjoyed the summer weather and chatted. It made me realize how grown up my boys are. (Oh, trust me, there was a little reprimanding when they wanted to copy other kids and run and splash in the fountain.)

A lucky lady I am ... but I still want that pause button!

No comments: