Sunday, August 11, 2013

Energy Monsters

As the mother of two boys, glimpses of their energy make you realizing just exactly how easy a situation like Lord of the Flies could happen. Boys have pure, solid, animal energy.

On Thursday, I took the boys with me to the Stroll for Epilepsy. We participated as part of a team for a friend of mine whose son has Infantile Spasms. She's truly one of the strongest mothers I know. So, the boys and I donned our team shirts and were set to show our spirit. My boss and another colleague (a former boss, no less) and I were there. Another fomer co-worker was also there, and she brought her girls, in a double-stroller. Alas, not I. I had my two little men and they were going to walk the two miles with me.

Good gried, did they have energy. And did they want to show it off. For the most part, they were good. There was only one time where O took off like lightening, K chased him and I had to pursue them ... only to trip, slam down the hill and get a monstrous bruise on my knee (and create a small hole in my favorite summer hoodie.)

My boss, the mother of two girls, made a comment about how much energy boys have and that she was grateful she had girls. Yes, boys are a lot of energy. But, I would never be a good mom of girls ...   so I won't complain. I treated them to fro-yo after the walk and they calmed down just a little bit.

I enjoy my little energy monsters ... and I hope they always have this much energy ... because I get to be the luckiest momma in the world to have energy monsters like them!

No comments: