Wednesday, April 07, 2010

A Meltdown

I was one of those people again. The ones I swear I'll never be. So, in my quest to try to breastfeed O for at least six months, I have been drinking tea to help the lactation process. There was some great loose leaf tea I drank during my leave, but at work, I needed the more convenient bagged tea solution. I found some at Cub. In fact, my local store carried two brands. One I'd been warned was yucky, so I was glad there was another option.

Last night, I went back to the store to pick up more. First, they relocated their natural teas to the regular tea section. Then, once I got there, I began frantically looking. They still carried both brands of tea ... but neither of their lactation teas. I swear I scanned every box five times. I became nervous, down right to the brink of emotions.

I walked over to the pharmacy section and checked there. Nothing. After 15 minutes ... I finally found someone to help. She curtly told me if I hadn't seen it, it was probably discontinued. I curtly replied, "last week you had two brands of it." She replied, "Wow, surprised they'd both be gone. But if they are not there, I can't help."

I turned and walked away, saying just audibly enough, "thanks for nothing." I'm sure she replied under her breather, "Whatever, *itch."

Fortunately, I took a leap of faith and went to Target during the day today and bought the kind I had been told was not so good. In the end, it doesn't taste bad... It really doesn't taste like much. So I pray that Target will keep on carrying it. At least until the end of the year.

No comments: