Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring is in the Air

This has been an amazing weekend. It's like a promise for a bright future. The sun has been bright, the weather just right. Today, my sister and I took the boys to the zoo. Everyone else had the same idea. But it was such a pleasant way to spend a Sunday. Weekends like this almost make the ambivalence and ambiguity I'm dealing with during the week worth it.

K was a typical four-year-old running ahead and then complaining when he couldn't walk anymore. O was wide-eyed when he was awake and just soaking it all in. I think this is going to be an amazing summer. A summer of lots of fun activities and just enjoying family time. I don't know why, but I do think something completely changed in me when I was on leave this last time. I want to make sure I savor every moment that I can. But I also want to make time for myself. That was my gift to D today. Time for himself. I don't know if he quite savored it. His response when we returned was that he'd have had just as good a day if he'd been with us at the zoo. (Which maybe that would be true ... well, I know it would be true ... but I told him, everyone deserves some solo time.)

Here's to an amazing summer.

No comments: