Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Not by the Hair of My Chinny-Chin-Chin

"What in the world ..." That was what I said yesterday when, upon brushing my chin, I felt a foreign particle. I looked into the mirror only to be utterly defeated. A tiny dark hair had sprouted on my chin. Of course, I didn't realize this until I was already at work. So, I spent the rest of the day trying to put only the nice, hair-free part of my chin toward people.

When I got home, I complained to D. It's nice to know that the tiny drop of Eastern European heritage I have has decided to showcase itself as a growth on my face. After retrieving the culprit from it's home and examining it in disgust for it's length and color ... I lamented to my husband ... "How could you have not seen this yesterday and told me!" This is why I need a magnifying mirror. Then, with his endearing charm ... he commented that maybe it's time I start paying attention to my mustache. WHAT?! So, I freaked and said did I have dark hairs appearing on my upper lip. He sighed and laughed, no, no dark hairs ... but maybe I was getting to that age.

I love my mother dearly, but one thing she did not do while I was growing up was instruct me in the art of womanly grooming. I do feel that I suffered a bit from this in the long run (and it's partially why I'm glad I have boys and a husband who is a great groomer ... that way I won't be held responsible for not instructing my own children in the art of grooming.) So, now until I go out and get my magnifying mirror ... I will be heavily scrutinizing myself in the mirror every morning ... not just looking for deep new lines and wrinkles, but for alien life forms that have decided to grow on my face!

No comments: