Sunday, May 16, 2010

Less Than a Week

In less than a week, I'll be informed of what my new job is. How I will be making my imprint forward on the big company. I don't know how I feel about it, really. Not excited. Not nervous. I just want a paycheck that compensates me for the value I truly bring so that I can provide my family the life they deserve.

Someone at work mentioned they have a "last straw list." I realized I have one, too. See, at first I'll only know what my new role looks like. But I think I won't know how I feel until I see the big landscape. The whole picture. There are many factors on my list and some of them don't directly affect me, but what they do do is provide insight into the future direction of our organization and what is valued. I think those things will help me determine how I feel I fit in. It's been a very long term investment in this corporate world, and I need to make sure that the return is still favorable for both.

But I have to say, this anticipation has been very enjoyable at work. Everyone is being so nice to everyone else, because no one knows who their new boss will be, who will be on their teams. It's been great from a cohesion standpoint on a lot of levels.

No comments: