Friday, January 21, 2011

How is this Public Service?

So, I cannot remember if I mentioned that D received a speeding ticket the day after Christmas. (yeah, that was lovely) Anyhoo, tonight as I am paying the bills, I go to pay the ticket ... system maintenance over the weekend from 5 p.m. Friday to 5 p.m. Sunday. WTF? Okay, so then I try the number ... and that's how I learned that there was system maintenance. So, of course I look at the courthouse hours to go in person and I have a couple of choices ... come in during the typical work day and/or drop it off at the pay box. Of course technically, I need to pay the ticket by Sunday so that it falls withing their 72 hours before your scheduled court appearance guidelines ... but they don't make it possible. So, I will try every day this weekend and if all else falls ... guess I'll be dropping of a check in the drop box on Sunday.

Why is it that public services are so inconveniently only available during the time that the majority of people are at work? I just don't get it. I understand that they don't want to work different hours ... but how frickin' inconvenient. I wonder how it is in Europe ... is it more or even less convenient?

No comments: