Wednesday, January 05, 2011

The World's Longest Dentist Appointment

As I sit here ... my head is still numb and tingly ... but the ibuprofen is definitely working. I had the world's longest dentist appoint today clocking in at almost three hours. Seriously, ridiculous. Major dental work is not my idea of a good time ... but the worst part is the Novocaine. Since the entire lower-half of my jaw was numb, I could hardly speak. Pronouncing my "L's" was an impossibility.

Of course, this dental work is a result of my clenching my jaw and grinding my teethe away ... apparently. Yes, my appointment was five hours ago ... but I'm still feeling it. I now know why people have sedation dentistry ... I wish I had had that option. Seriously, there were points where I didn't know if I'd ever be able to close my mouth again because it was going to permanently lock into open position.

The good news, I got to sit through two great Top Chef re-runs. So, that was enjoyable. It was the Las Vegas season, and you definitely can't go wrong there.

So, kids, remember to brush, floss and don't clench your jaw!

No comments: