Thursday, May 05, 2011

Cinco de Mayo ...

and I can't have a Margarita. Now, before you start jumping to speculative conclusions, it's not because baby three is on the way. (Much to D's dismay, I must say.) No, instead, it is because I am taking on the challenge of eliminating sugar as much as possible from my diet. In fact, I'm going to try and jump start it by going three weeks without sugar and white flour at all. It's day three on this craziness ... and so far so good. Of course, I've had a little as I'm not totally jumping in until after I do my grocery shopping on Saturday. But, I have said now to the white rice, bread, etc for the last three days. I figure by writing about this silly idea, maybe I'll commit to it.

After the three week fast from sugar (and this is white sugar, not natural sugar in fruits) I'll go back to adding only whole grains. I have to admit after three days, I'm starting to feel better. I'm the least tired I've been all week. So, I think that's a good sign ... but maybe we should check in next week. (And I will be making an exception to not having alcohol for these three weeks because I have wine club next week ... and being that I enjoy wine only about once a month ... I am not going to deny myself that tiny little pleasure.)

Here's to healthy living.

1 comment:

Erin J said...

A delicious margarita alternative is a "paloma" which is a shot or two of tequila (depending your preference) mixed with 0-calorie Fresca or Diet Squirt, served with a salted-rim. mmmmmm... Delish! unless you've also cut soda and alcohol out... then I can't help =)