Friday, May 13, 2011

A Week Without

Refined flour and sugar ... and I feel fine. I cannot believe it, but I actually don't feel like I am missing anything. Okay, well that's not completely the truth. I see a beautiful loaf of artisan bread and cannot wait until I start reintroducing whole grains back into my diet (and then silently pray that the artisan bread is made out of whole grains.)

Of course, with this flour/sugar detox, I am probably eating a lot better. More vegetables and fruits are entering my system and no bad artificial sugars. It hasn't really affected my exhaustion yet, but that may be the insane amount of hours I am working right now. So, I'm hoping by the third and final week of this detox I'll feel like I have scores and scores of energy and can shout of mountain tops.

There was this great muffin and bagel breakfast at work this week ... but I just held my cup of tea and engaged in conversation so that I was busy. I have to say, if I can exercise this will power when it comes to other things, maybe I'll be able to accomplish my goals of writing a book. If I can will myself to that type of discipline, I could probably accomplish a lot and learn to keep my mouth shut more. Something I am finding increasingly more difficult to do at work. I won't go into details here, but it has become more evident that when leaders are removed from the actual work, the less of a clue on practical application there is. Fortunately, my own boss is an exception to this rule. I usually benefit from her insight and perspective when she's further removed from something because she asks the right kind of questions. I just wish some of her peers had that same perspective.

Well ... that is a lot of Friday night rambling ... now it's time to catch up on Grey's.

No comments: