Friday, September 28, 2012

A Whirlwind Month

I cannot believe it is almost the end of September. I feel like I have so much left on my to-do list. So much to do, so much to enjoy. I am also afraid I am biting off more than I can chew in life. All these extra-curriculars for K's school. (I will be very active in my children's educations, there's just no excuse not to be.)

Trying to do the best I can at work ... trying to be the best wife ... trying to do things to enjoy myself. Yes, it's a lot to take on ... but you know what I realize ... the more you take on, the more time you make to take on those things. It's odd, it makes you wonder what you did with that time beforehand. I mean, when I actually get my butt out of bed at 5 a.m. to work out, I have to ask why I don't do it every day (other than the complete muscle fatigue that reminds me that I am not Jillian Michaels.)

Of course, with all these extras, I am having to grow up more and more. Do things on my own, and not hide behind a friend or someone else. I'm pushing my introverted self out into the world. Starting with a solo wine tasting event tomorrow (unless someone reads this and wants to join me ...) And later in October, I'll be flying solo at a cooking class. I'm excited, nervous ... all those feelings of having to make small talk and be social that exhaust me. But I just need to force myself to do it!

So, here's to the last weekend of September - I raise my glass of Cab to you all and hope everyone has a pleasant weekend.

1 comment:

Becky Nance said...

you'll really enjoy your cooking class...Larry has gotten me a few as gifts and each time I go it's so fun! :) Enjoy time for yourself and time w/your boys. Happy Fall!