Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Lion in the Library

Today was the first day I got to put in to action my theory about staying up after I fed O at 4:30 in the morning. So, after I fed my precious little man, I changed into my workout clothes and decided to take the day head on. Now, my body still aches from the workout I did on Monday, so I thought I'd just do a little yoga. While I hate my cable bill, one of the benefits is he OnDemand feature -- and specifically, the Exercise TV options that are OnDemand. So, I decided to take on Jillian Michael's Yoga Melt (it was her 30 Day Shred that has me aching ... so maybe her Yoga exercise will get me stretched out enough to not feel the pain.)

After 30 minutes of a decent yoga workout, I made a pot of coffee and headed up to the shower. All my boys were still asleep. This might work, I thought. As I got out the shower, I heard it. "Mommy ... mooommmmmy. I'm awake." Oh, K, must you wake up before 7 a.m. So, my little man joined me downstairs. While I had to have breakfast, because I was starving, he refused. But the noise woke up D. I guess it was good in the end, because normally I'd be heading out the door at this time. D had no complaints, he just smiled and greeted the day. (I guess it was a good thing that he went to bed early the night before.)

So, then we sat down as a family and read a little more of our current Percy Jackson book ... at about 8:30. My body gave up. I needed to take a nap. I couldn't stay awake any longer. I had to succumb, I had to let my eyes close. But I couldn't fall asleep. I just lay there for a half hour, willing sleep to come. Alas, it did not. So, I got up and carried on. I decided I need to go and do something.

"K, do you want to go to the Library today?" K was excited. Now, we've never actually been to the library before. We tend to just go to the book store and buy our books. But, I thought it might be good to introduce K to the library and it might be better for my pocketbook to start going there myself. So, I looked at their Web site to check their hours. Then I got K and myself ready to go. The library is less than two miles from our house, so we got there in less than five minutes. The sign said closed. I was confused. Then I looked closer. A horrible feeling washed over me. "It's Wednesday today ... urgh!" When I had looked at the hours on the Web site, I had looked at Thursday's hours. The library doesn't open until noon on Wednesdays. Alas, we'll try our adventure again this afternoon. But the simple mistake was another sign that my body needs to adjust faster!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't ExerciseTV the greatest? I love Jililan Michaels Yoga Meltdown. It actually feels like a workout -- not just a couple of Yoga poses.

Exercise TV said...

ExerciseTV is amazing....and Jillian kicks butt! There are tons of other free workout videos online at www.exercisetv.tv.