Monday, March 01, 2010

It May Be a Rough Ride

Today was the first day that I set my alarm with all the intentions of getting up and preparing for returning to work. The result: it may be a rough ride ahead.

O is now sleeping from 10 p.m. to 4/4:30 a.m. without waking up to eat. This is great (and definitely not similar to K, who didn't sleep like that until seven months.) This morning, he work up at 4:30, so it was a little after 5 when I laid him back down and had to make the big decision. I set my alarm for 6, because i figured I could just slowly each it forward until I got it to 5:15, my old time. Should I go back to sleep or stay up? Of course, I chose to crawl back into my warm, comfy bed. Wrong choice. Falling back asleep resulted in my decision to just keep hitting the snooze button at 6. So, I came to the realization, that unfortunately, if this will be our routine, I will need to stay up and just get ready for work after feeding him. The con - my days are going to be long. Unfairly long.

The positive. I guess I will have a built in time for working out. Which apparently, I need. You see, as I finally got out of bed this morning, I walked downstairs. My loving husband had a pot of coffee all ready and greeted me with a sweet good morning. Then, he made a funny little face. I looked at him and asked what was wrong. His response: Well ... you have a little bit of belly hanging out ... it kind of looks like when a really fat person has lost a lot of weight and the skin is just hanging there. Um ... thanks. I believe I just gave birth 10 weeks ago, so yeah, my stomach was stretched out and it is now just hanging there empty. While I was planning on working out today anyway, a little extra motivation just crept in. Nice.

1 comment:

B Nance said...

uuggghhhh. There's no need to say anything else. :-)