Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring is Upon Us Ramblings

This is my kind of weather in Minnesota. Just warm enough to warrant not having to wear a big coat, but not too hot that I break into a sweat just by sitting out. It's also completely get antsy weather, and I can tell the D family is on a spring cleaning kick.

Last weekend, we went to IKEA to pick up some bookshelves for the boys and our office/library. The disorganization in the office/library was driving me crazy, and so I finally convinced D that we just couldn't delay anymore, I couldn't have the books in piles, we need to get organized. So, now we're just waiting for the items to be delivered (you used to get everything the next day, but now they've gone to a crazy modified delivery schedule, so we have to wait until next Saturday ... but I know what I'll be doing that day.)

We've also packed away our winter comforters (okay, I was a bit sad about that, because ours makes me feel like I'm sleeping in a cloud ... and I hate our summer quilt - it's just ugly.) And now we're just slowly organizing things for what I anticipate will be a major spring cleaning weekend next week. We went through O's drawers and removed all the too small 18 mos. clothes and pulled out all the 2T items from storage, and we took inventory of the boys closets (both need shorts.)

We're also getting antsy to plan our garden for the year, but I had to remind D that we didn't plant until May, and we need to wait until about that time again because we are still in zone 4 and weather is unpredictable. And D and I picked up new running shoes today, now I just need to get this one shirt I really want from Lululemon that allows me to insert my ipod right into the side of the shirt so I don't have to wear the arm band.

In other news, we registered K for soccer, looked at the tennis schedule and are trying to determine if we sign him up for a theater camp. Being a parent is all about juggling everyone else's calendar - but I love it. I love that I have a kid who's so excited to play sports outside, but is also uber smart and likes to sit and read on rainy days. (He's now tackling the C.S. Lewis Narnia Chronicles - having just read the whole series myself when I was in my thirties, my five-year-old is way ahead of me.)

I'm looking forward to an amazing spring!

No comments: