Monday, August 23, 2010

Almost Here ...

It's almost that time of year again. Yes, it's the Great Minnesota Get-Together - the Minnesota State Fair. Okay, it might be dorky that I get super excited to walk around and people-watch and maybe eat a little gluttonous fare. It's mostly about the people-watching ... and I heard this morning about a State Fair Bingo Card that was all about people-watching. Okay, some of the things are a little bit offensive, but most are hilarious and will probably be fairly easy to spot at the Fair.

I wonder if D will play with me? Most likely, he just look at me with a glare and say, "No way - you can play by yourself." If only K could read well enough to not have to read out loud. Then I'd totally convince him to play with me. It's probably not the most appropriate role-model parenting, but it would teach him the stealth art of people-watching without being obvious. A necessary skill, I think.

Oh, I can't wait. I'm not going to the fair until near the end ... but I've already got my list ready. Korean BBQ tacos, cheese curds, honey ice cream ... here I come! I won't eat for three days before I go, so that I can enjoy what I want. And here's to walking through the buildings and saying "No, thanks!" to all the crazy vendors. Yes ... I love it!!!

1 comment:

Becky Nance said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the bingo card...I know it's wrong of me...but I want to play :)