Friday, August 13, 2010

Stop and Smell the Flowers

This past weekend when we were in the city of Duluth, we took a walk down Canal Park. K made us stop to smell the flowers. Literally. And then he talked about the flowers all night. How great they smelled and asking me which ones I thought smelled the best. It was such a smack in the face, a clear reminder that we all should take things a little slower to appreciate the beauty we are faced with every day. I love how children really are the best reminders of what makes life worth living.


Every day when I look at my two boys, I am amazed with the presents they provide me each day. K has this magical talent that he can make O laugh deeper, louder and faster than anyone else. I love that they each have a brother. I think sisters can have a tight bond (I have two) but there is something deeply rich and amazing about brothers. They will probably be competitive, but I think the bond will be stronger than anything else. (While I'd like to think my bond to them as their mother would be the strongest thing ... I know they will share secrets and passions that they will hide from me, and I will just have to be satisfied with having the second strongest bond possible.)

I look forward to each new day and the treasures they will help me discover.

No comments: