Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Day of Sloth

It's horrible, but yesterday I told D, that could we just have this weekend be a weekend of nothing. The month of August created a very busy schedule for us and we have about a week's break before the busy routine of fall kicks in. (Granted, I love absolutely everything there is about autumn ... so I can't wait ... but still.) I just want a day way I can sit on my couch and watch movies, read magazines, read a book or two, drink a glass of wine, have some good cheese, bread and guacamole, maybe catch up on the DVR (I think I have three No Reservations waiting for me.) Alas, if I can do all of that in the two hour time frame that both K and O are taking a nap, I might get a little sliver of my ideal weekend this weekend.

Of course, there's nothing more enjoyable than cajoling a baby to eat his banana mango puree and helping a 4-year-old find a micro toy that daddy allowed him to get. So, I'll take that, too.

No comments: