Sunday, August 08, 2010

When The Signs Are Loud and Clear

I've been reading a lot of good books lately. But there's been this weird theme in them. I don't know if it's intentional and my sub-conscious is just picking out this book. Or, maybe it's because the authors are recommending each other. The theme: they tend to be about people whose lives get shaken, they think the world is over ... and in the end they find out what life is really about and discover true happiness. Okay, it's a pretty formulaic storyline, so maybe that's why I feel like everything is shouting at me.

I get it. Now, I just have to go out and find it. I will. I think I'm getting closer to deciding what it is that will make me truly happy. (Okay, we all know it would be a call from Gail Simmons saying that she needs to train her replacement and she somehow heard about me and I was selected.)

On a more delightful note ...

Wedding #2 of 2010 has been attended - so we're  not quite to the halfway mark (we have five this year!). But it's been good to see how differently people are celebrating their love. This one was at a lovely park in Duluth, MN. The weather for the ceremony was perfect. The bride was stunning. The boys were on the best behavior. In all, it was great. K did a lot of dancing when no one else was on the floor. O humored me and let me dance with him for a song. Here's to love!

No comments: