Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Squeezing the Essence of Summer

What is it about August? It's like everyone is scrambling to squeeze every last drop of summer that they can during this month. Is it the dread of schools starting? The anticipation of leaves changing color and ... it beautifully entering autumn/fall (which is my favorite season, and so for me we cannot usher it in fast enough??)

I am amazed by the own craziness of my calendar this month. Every single weekend I think we have something booked. Heck, even our weeknights are peppered with important errands to here or there. But I know it's not just us. Everyone I talk to is consumed with getting in family vacations, county and state fair excursions, pool and beach time. And your work days are crazy because people are trying to condense meetings into smaller allotments so they can skedaddle out faster and still appreciate the longer days. But we are all noticing that the days are definitely getting shorter. In fact, I was surprised by how "dark" I found it to be this morning when I got up.

So, here's to summer. While I'm not a fan of the heat, and I really hate to sweat ... I will try to appreciate you for one more month.

No comments: