Sunday, January 06, 2013

Cleaning it Out

Today embarks the first day of my 28 day cleanse. It's the same cleanse I did last year, where basically you focus on just eating whole foods. In fact the only strict rules are that you cannot eat the following: gluten, dairy, caffeine, alcohol, added sugar and processed foods. Pretty easy right?

Since I did this last January, I am familiar with the pain and pounding headache the first few days may bring on. However, this time I prepared and weaned myself off caffeine gradually. And I am planning on drinking lots of water and herbal tea. I'm hoping that at the end I'll feel light, healthy and refreshed. Especially since D and I are planning on running another 5K in five weeks.

D is joining me on the cleanse. He joined me last year ... and lasted about a week. I'm hoping he'll be able to sustain this time with me. True, we'll have a cheat day in a few weeks because we have a wine pairing dinner that we received as Christmas gift. When I reminded D of the cheat day ... his eyes lit up so big. So, yes, here's to cleansing the inside and the outside and starting 2013 off right (just maybe a little crabby :))

No comments: