Wednesday, January 30, 2013

When Did We Get A Seal?

Being sick is never fun ... but having a severe chest cold is the worst. I'd rather have the stomach flu than a chest cold. Right now, I can't even take a medium deep breathe without resulting in the most painful chest-clutching, deep-throttle barking cough. My throat feels like it is closing in because it's so tired of the coughing.

If I don't breathe, then I am just fine ... but oh, wait ... if I don't breathe I'd have other issues, wouldn't I? So, I've resorted to shallow nose-breathing ... overdosing on Vitamin C drops ... drinking lots of tea ... and a good dose of Nyquil right before I go to bed (it seriously knocks me out, so I can't take it until five minutes before I am ready to go to sleep.)

The lack of oxygen is definitely making more fatigued than normal, which made facilitating a 90-minute stakeholder engagement planning session a lot of fun. Fortunately, I think my business partners found it to be a really valuable session ... or at least I hope they did, even if I was only at about 85%.

Four more minutes until Nyquil time ...

No comments: