Saturday, January 12, 2013

When Overpriced Cable Gives You a Gift

The cost of entertainment these days is ... well, simply put: ridiculous. Taking a family of four to the movie theaters costs almost as much as a date for two at a nice restaurant. The cost of cable ... well, with the exception of our gas bill in the winter, I think it may be the most expensive bill I pay each month. Yes, it's that ridiculous. Full disclosure, we have a "triple-play" package where it's our cable, phone and internet ... but it's still ridiculous. And it just went up this past month, which made me groan.

However, this weekend we have a free preview to Showtime. That means D and I get to catch up on the shows that we normally have to watch via Netflix discs. It's a yay for the snuggling weekend I wanted. So, thank you cable for giving me a little something extra this weekend for the very over-priced service you provide me during all my other days.

The only thing that would make the weekend perfect would be some chocolate and wine. But we've felt so great this week on the cleanse that I think we'll be making some other permanent food changes in the household. Tomorrow starts week 2 which means we add fish, beans, lentil and non-gmo tofu to our meal plan. (D is very excited for these additions ... I'm only moderately excited about the lentil soup I will need to make tomorrow.)

Now ... back to my free Showtime.

No comments: