Friday, January 04, 2013

When A Gimmick is Okay

For Christmas, my boys decided to gift me with an item that promises me eternal comfort and warmth. The slanket:
While I am not one for gimmicks normally - this one speaks to me. You see, I struggle to get through January and February ... really struggle. The cold eats away at the very inner core of my soul and starts to turn me number and raw. It takes extra effort to function properly. My usual ability to wake up early and embrace the day are severely harbored. I don't think it's the SAD seasonal disorder because I think that centers around sunlight ... and my issue is purely about the cold. If it is sunny and I can bask in the warmth of the sun, I'm okay ... or if it's cloudy and warm, I'm good. but too cold and seriously I become the tin man who ran out of oil.

This Sunday will mark the beginning of my annual cleanse ... and while that helps a little bit with my great hurt of the season ... because it gives me something else to focus on ... and first week withdrawals give me a different pain to focus on ... and D and I have already picked our next 5K ... the next two months you're going to have to bear me with.

No comments: