Saturday, September 28, 2013

Crisp, Cool Days

With only two days left in the month of September, I clearly did not accomplish my goal to blog every day in September. Alas, upon returning from Door County, it was a rough week to re-enter reality.

Being on vacation always makes me long for living a life of leisure. Days of no worries, no schedules, doing what you want and enjoying every minute. It's how we should live every day, not jut vacation. But real life makes that a little harder. The stress of working, the politics of corporate America ... it can put a lot of weight on your shoulders.

I think that is one of the reasons I have taken so much to running and heat yoga. Pushing myself physically releases me from all the mental strain that comes from the day-to-day stresses of being the sole breadwinner for a family of four. I realize I am incredibly lucky that D can stay at home with the kids, but when you know that your family's livelihood rests on you ... well, it's a lot of stress.

And right now I feel like a lot of our physical things are falling apart. Both cars apparently have bunk oil pans. The auto shop was able to temporarily fix them both with longer oil plugs ... but who knows how long those will last. So, D wants to get a new car ... but a car payment, well, we could probably make it work ... but it means we'll definitely have to live a lot tighter. And we need a new microwave and a new garbage disposal. Just thinking of all the things we need to replace gives me the biggest pit in my stomach.

So, it looks like the remainder of 2013 will be focused on cheap living so that I can afford the things we really need. Yay.

No comments: